- 250g coconut flakes/ desiccated coconut
- 70g pumpkin seeds
- 150g sunflower seeds
- 30g linseed
- 100g chopped macadamia nuts
- 100g almond nibs/flakes
- 2 Tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tsp vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil – melted
- Put pumpkin seeds and sunflowers seeds in a food processer and blitz for a few seconds. Mix all dry ingredients together in bowl. Pour liquids over it and mix. Bake in cool oven (150oC) for 25 mins, stirring every few minutes to prevent the coconut flakes from burning.
- This is packed full of wonderful nutrients as well as being gluten free wheat free and dairy free. Just a spoonful sprinkled on top of some creamy greek yogurt, or sprinkle it on top of a green salad with some goats cheese and a drizzle of apple syrup. Yummm
This recipe has no sweetener in it, add stevia or brown sugar if you wish. It’s down to personal taste, I quite like the fact that it’s almost savoury, just a touch of maple syrup or honey will sweeten it if you need to. If you add an extra tablespoon of coconut oil to the recipe and make it with desiccated coconut your ‘granola’ will clump especially if you store it in a sealed container in the fridge.